Our bespoke value offering is focused on three key areas that we believe add value to our clients;
- BUSINESS PROCESS MANAGEMENT AND AUTOMATION
Our propositions for the given solutions stem from our belief that business processes in any organisation represent a sequence of key functions that are executed by staff to perform day to day activities towards achieving the entity's Strategy. Therefore, business process knowledge is critical in controlling and improving the performance of work and expected outputs for any organisation. Our methodology and approach firstly ensures that the organisation's strategic goals are adequately aligned to the business processes and the systems it employs. We further enhance this through the alignment of the systems and technologies used by the entity to its business processes. That way, the day to day activities as performed by staff are directly linked to the overall business strategy. If appropriately optimised, this alignment ensures that;
- costs are reduced;
- efficiencies in processes are realised;
- quality of results are significantly improved; and
- the business creates a competitive advantage for itself.
Through our detailed analysis and understanding of the core determinants in this relationship, we are able to help businesses to;
- understand, document and optimise its Business Processes;
- automate manual processes;
- consolidate and integrate business processes;
- implement relevant and appropriate systems and technologies in its environment.
- DATA MANAGEMENT AND INTEGRATION
Our Data Management approach ensures that there is a deliberate focus on the alignment of data with business priorities, whether regulatory, data quality execution or data customisation for Business Intelligence and reporting. Through our approach and methodology, we are able to streamline and integrate disparate sources of data and align these with the underlying Business Processes. This ensures visibility and decision-support for executives and users in the business. Too often, it is the case for most businesses that data used for key decision making by executives is fragmented, inaccurate, incomplete, unavailable and overall, extremely manual to collect and report on.
We ensure that management consistently access accurate and timely information and view "one version" of the truth. Our specific technical capabilities include the following:
- Data migration/Data quality: We believe that any enterprise integration project should have data quality "enshrined in the plan" from the beginning. Our consultants have extensive experience with Extract, Transform, and Load ("ETL") tools and have deep knowledge in migrating data to ERP and other enterprise systems.
- Master Data Management: We view this as both a technical as well as a business process solution. We make use of data Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL) tools and other technologies to move master data between systems. To ensure alignment, we place focus on ensuring that business processes are adequately designed to manage and control master data changes. We leverage business process models to define Master Data Management roles, permissions, and workflows that suit the needs of the business.
- Data warehousing; We design and build Data Warehouses that are faster and are more adaptable, flexible, and ultimately more affordable than traditional approaches. Our modern approaches accelerate data warehouse design and implementation. In addition, we partner with software providers that have proven track records of implementing in record time while leaving behind solutions that are sufficiently flexible. Their solutions allow rapid change in the management processes that must be supported by the implemented data warehouse.
Horseback Advisory ensures that in implementing data strategies, our clients pay attention to data management to ensure successful implementation. The emphasis on issues of data management roles and governance become critical when data is consolidated into a single system from disparate sources. Our core strategy includes the following:
- Data Governance: We ensure that when enterprise data is migrated into enterprise systems from legacy source systems, issues around who owns and can change enterprise master data, are addressed. This approach ensures that data governance processes are established to determine and set up data management roles, permissions, and management processes. These are essential steps in order to effectively manage master data, automate data cleaning, and migrate data to an enterprise system. Our Integration methodology helps businesses to establish data governance by showing the "as-is and to-be" in terms of the how, what, and where of business processes interacting with data.
- Data Lifecycle Management; We help our clients to understand their overall data life cycle, from the creation of master and transactional data in a set of business processes and the consumption of that data in different processes and areas in the business. As an output, we develop a Data Lifecycle Management Plan which outlines business and individual data management roles and responsibilities and a management plan for establishing data governance.